Harvard Creative Writing
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Spring 2022 Creative Senior Thesis / Senior Project Application
Read all instructions before submitting your application(s):
Please submit your completed application(s) by 11:59 pm ET on Monday, March 7, 2022.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Applications or your browser may time out if you leave them open long enough, so keep this in mind (don't click the submit button at 11:59 pm; leave adequate time to troubleshoot in case there are submission issues). Save your application progress often.
- When creating a Submittable account, please use your Harvard email address, not your personal account.
- Only English concentrators may apply to write a creative thesis or creative project. No student is guaranteed a creative thesis or creative project. Students must have a 3.40 concentration GPA (3.60 for joint concentrators) to write a thesis or project. If you are a joint concentrator and accepted to write a creative thesis, English must be your primary concentration.
- This process is by application, and thesis/project advising is limited to English Department faculty only. Please do not contact creative writing faculty to ask them to advise your thesis/project. You will apply to a genre not to an individual advisor. The creative writing committee will review all applications and make the best advising pairings we can.
- Students applying for a creative writing thesis or project will have completed at least one course in creative writing or be enrolled in a spring semester workshop. Applicants must have taken the junior tutorial and satisfactorily completed the junior essay before the start of the senior year.
- You may not edit or resubmit an application once you have applied. Please be sure your application materials are finalized and accurate before submitting.
- Most students will submit one application to one genre. If you choose to submit more than one application (to more than one genre), you must do so by submitting another application. You'll be asked to provide a genre preference on each application; please be sure it is consistent.
- Out-of-phase juniors must still submit their applications in March, but should see the Undergraduate Program Administrator and the Director of Creative Writing to discuss their plans.
- Students will be notified of application decisions by in late March.
- We suggest adding email@example.com to your email contacts to ensure any notifications (submission confirmations and application decisions) reach your inbox.