Harvard Creative Writing
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Fall 2021 Application Information
Read all instructions before submitting your application(s):
Please submit your completed application(s) by 11:59 pm EST on Sunday, August 22.
There are absolutely no exceptions to this deadline; please do not contact the instructor or the department if you miss this deadline, simply apply again next term. Applications may time out if you leave them open long enough, so keep this in mind (don't click the submit button at 11:59 pm; leave adequate time to troubleshoot in case there are submission issues).
· When creating a Submittable account, please use your Harvard email address, not your personal account.
· You must submit a separate application to each course (up to 4), using the application links below. Please be sure to upload the appropriate materials for each course, and provide the same course preference order on each application. Your first choice workshop must be ranked first on each application, and so on. Any applications with inconsistent rankings will be disqualified.
· You may not edit or resubmit an application once you have applied. Please be sure your application materials are finalized and accurate before submitting.
· Workshops generally do not meet during shopping period, unless instructor notifies admitted students otherwise. You may not shop creative writing courses.
· Without approval of the department, no student may take more than two creative writing courses in any one year. A course may be repeated provided the student has the permission of the instructor and the Director of Undergraduate Studies of the Department. English seniors writing a creative thesis may not enroll in a creative writing workshop.
· You will be notified of application decisions by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, August 25th. You will receive a separate email notification for each course once decisions have been made. Each student can be admitted to only one course. The creative writing faculty meets to discuss all applications to prevent multiple acceptances.
· We suggest adding email@example.com to your email contacts to ensure any notifications (submission confirmations and application decisions) reach your inbox.