Harvard Creative Writing
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Spring 2019 Creative Thesis Application
Read all instructions before submitting your application(s):
Please submit your completed application(s) by 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday, February 13.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Applications or your browser may time out if you leave them open long enough, so keep this in mind (don't click the submit button at 11:59 pm; leave adequate time to troubleshoot in case there are submission issues). Save your application progress often.
- When creating a Submittable account, please use your Harvard email address, not your personal account.
- The vast majority of students will submit one thesis application to one genre. If you choose to submit more than one application (to more than one genre), you must do so by submitting another application. You'll be asked to provide a genre preference on each application; please be sure it is consistent.
- You may not edit or resubmit an application once you have applied. Please be sure your application materials are finalized and accurate before submitting.
- Only English concentrators may apply to write a creative thesis. Students must have a 3.40 concentration GPA (3.60 for joint concentrators) to write a thesis and be in the honors program.
- If you are a joint concentrator and accepted to write a creative thesis, English must be your primary concentration.
- Out-of-phase juniors must still submit their applications in February, but should see the Undergraduate Program Administrator and the Director of Creative Writing to discuss their plan.
- You will be notified of application decisions by in early March.
- We suggest adding email@example.com to your email contacts to ensure any notifications (submission confirmations and application decisions) reach your inbox.